Grab Rare Arts is a record label. We also provide art and technology services. A partial list of our services and clients is provided below. Contact us about your next project.
Software Development for Interactive Performance or Installation
- Electronic Music Foundation: programmed software for real-time spatial realization of John Cage’s “Bird Cage”
- Jack Ox: designed and programmed sound visualization software to be used in her Color Organ
- Manhattan School of Music: constructed custom electronics for Luigi Nono’s Con Luigi Dallapiccola
- Chris Mann: designed and programmed software for real-time phoneme recognition and 8 channel spatialization of voice. Read a little about it in this interview Chris gave for the American Mavericks radio series.
- Nicole Peyrafitte: designed and programmed real-time video and audio processing software
- Monique Buzzarte: electronic sensor design and construction for trombone
- Kristin Norderval: modifications of real-time audio processing software
Film Scores and Sound Design
- soundtrack to Anney Bonney video Cascadence
- original score to short film “The Case of Clyde Baxter,” winner of a Best in Festival Award at the Nudge 2.0 Micro Digital Film Festival
- We’re available for classroom teaching or individual tutoring in interactive media
- previous experience includes teaching multimedia production courses at Ramapo College, NJ and Harvestworks, NYC and tutoring individuals in the New York City area in Max/MSP and Basic Stamp programming.
- We can also provide the following hands-on workshops:
- Building Sensors for Interactive Electronics
- Introduction to Bent Electronics