Interactive Audio Software
Interactive Video Software
Maps now available for free download
Holland Hopson's first CD, Maps, is now available for free download in 320k mp3 format. Get the entire album plus artwork. Or go here to download individual tracks.
Grab Rare Arts provides art and technology services. A partial list of our services and clients is provided below. Contact us about your next project.
Software Development for Interactive Performance or Installation
- Austin Museum of Digital Art (AMODA): interactive software scoreboard for DJ battles.
- Monique Buzzarte: electronic sensor design and construction for trombone. View photos.
- Electronic Music Foundation: programmed software for real-time spatial realization of John Cage's "Bird Cage"
- Manhattan School of Music: constructed custom electronics for Luigi Nono's Con Luigi Dallapiccola
- Chris Mann: designed and programmed software for real-time phoneme recognition and 8 channel spatialization of voice. Read a little about it in this interview Chris gave for the American Mavericks radio series.
- Kristin Norderval: modifications of real-time audio processing software
- Jack Ox: designed and programmed sound visualization software to be used in her Color Organ
- Nicole Peyrafitte: designed and programmed real-time video and audio processing software
- Travis Weller: wireless synched timer software for music performance
Film Scores and Sound Design
- We're available for classroom teaching or individual tutoring in interactive media
- previous experience includes teaching multimedia production courses at Ramapo College, NJ and Harvestworks, NYC and tutoring individuals in the New York City area in Max/MSP and Basic Stamp programming.
- We can also provide the following hands-on workshops:
- Building Sensors for Interactive Electronics
- Introduction to Bent Electronics